Instagram @ lovethekisses

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Spruce @ Bukit Timah Old Fire Station

Spruce @ Bukit Timah Old Fire Station is just 2-3 bus stops away from my house, and I've always wanted to go and take a look ever since the banner was hung up ~3 months ago. I've tried googling for this outlet many times (because from the outside you can't really tell that there is any cafe in operation) but could never get a satisfactory result until a few weeks ago. Anyway last Thursday (27th Sept) I decided to have lunch there with my Mum!:















Pot of English Breakfast tea (S$6):



Spruce HOT Wings (S$22) - these are like buffalo wings but they aren't very spicy, and there are too many pieces for just the 2 of us:



Norwegian Salmon Steak (S$29) - A little pricey imo for a not-very-large piece of salmon, but my Mum claimed it's one of the best she's ever tasted so I guess it was worth the price :)





Freshly made Tagliatelle (S$22) - this is basically like the Chinese 'ban mian' with Korubata pork bolognaise, which I didn't find very appetising at all........:





Double Chocolate Crunch cake (S$12) - I can say this is a must-try for chocolate lovers! The chocolate taste is really rich, and there are some milk/white chocolate bits inside which are really nice to chew on haha:





And this morning....

I dragged my family for Spruce's brunch because they only serve brunches on weekends. The place is a lot more crowded compared to during weekdays, so it's best to make reservations if you're planning to head there on a weekend!:





Freshly squeezed orange juice (S$8) and Iced mocha (S$8) - I can never understand why freshly squeezed juices can cost so much:



Hot cafe mocha (S$6):



Banana hotcakes with blueberry syrup (S$14) - made up of slices of bananas, 3 layers of pancakes drizzled with syrup and little blueberries! The sweetness level was just right :) And the pancakes supposedly come with butter but as I'm not a fan of it I left it out:





Spruce Eggs Benny (S$15) - comes with waffles (not shown here because they were out of waffles that time), back bacon and hollandaise sauce:





Greek Yogurt (S$7) - I love this! A sweet and sour mixture of cranberries, muesli and plain yogurt. Yumyum:



Spruce British Brekkie ($S19) - a combination of bacon, sausage, baked beans, mushrooms, slices of toast, roasted tomatoes and eggs (your choice of sunny side-up, poached or scrambled). This dish also comes with sparkling wine at the price of S$29:





Mac & Cheese side (S$10):



I love the ambience here at Spruce. Food's really worth a try too and they've a pretty huge selection of brunch items. However prices are really on the steep side, averaging at about $25 for lunch/dinner items, and about $18 for their brunch.


SPRUCE @ Bukit Timah Old Fire Station
260 Upper Bukit Timah
Singapore, Singapore 288190

Mon: 11:30 am - 12:00 am
Fri: 11:30 am - 12:00 am
Sat - Sun: 9:30 am - 12:00 am
Tel: +65 6455 5582

7 comments :

  1. You are going to bring me to this place when I come back right? Always making me so hungry when I read your blog, and always making me miss you more with shots of yourself. You are still looking so beautiful... I love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's so near my place it's v convenient! I'm gonna let you try their brunch ^^

      Delete
  2. I've always wanted to try Spruce, especially after 1 of my friends raved to me about their brunch. It looks so awesome and yummy, even better that there's the Bukit Timah outlet now! near for the westies :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesyesyes, go have their brunch it's really yummy!! :D Yeah that's why I was so excited when I knew of this new outlet at Timah. The West should seriously open up more cafes!

      Delete
    2. yeah I've gone past it quite a few times before with my boyfriend! :) looks like a really good spot ambiance wise, not to mention that it's near for both of us since he stays in the west too :D totally agree that west side should open more cafes! Their English breakfast looks a little like Wild Honey's though, but seems just as good (Y)

      Delete
  3. The food looks SO GOOD lah! Definitely gonna try Spruce out soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA gogogo!! It's in the West some more hehehe near enough for you :D

      Delete