Instagram @ lovethekisses

Friday, May 30, 2014

4D3N Bangkok - Day 2: Roast | Khaosan Night Market

(Read on Day 1 HERE / Day 3 & 4 HERE)

Bangkok Day 2:
We woke up early the next morning to head to the gym and the pool! The facilities are located on the 9th floor of Trinity Complex, which is just right beside/opposite our hotel:













Wearing the bikini that Triangl has kindly sent me. Thank you! :)







Headed to Roast Coffee and Eatery for lunch after that! It was about a 15-minute walk from Thong Lo BTS station, but we decided to cab (for 100baht) instead of walking in the scorching sun. The temperature there was around 37 degrees Celcius??:

























Iced Matcha Latte:



Chicken Schnitzel (300baht / S$11.70) - thin and crispy chicken with sautéed green beans, Dijon mustard and almond flakes. I love how they wrap the lemon slice with a gauze such that it doesn't make a mess when squeezed.
Another deceiving dish (refer to Day 1 for the 1st) that I didn't wanna set my fork into until the last minute because it looks so fried and dry to me. It is actually very juicy! The roasted almond flakes go really well with it too, providing a crunchy dimension and an added fragrance to it. Apparently the green beans are really good too according to Windy, but I refused to try them haha:







Corned Beef Hash (280baht / S$10.90) - consists of sautéed corned beef, onions, garlic, sliced potatoes and poached eggs. I've always loved corned beef, and I find this really special although it's slightly on the dry side. Everything is thinly shredded but very flavourful, and the texture feels like dried cuttlefish strips which I find nice to chew on haha. The onions and chill padi also add mild spiciness to it:





The eggs in this dish don't come with hollandaise sauce but I requested for it for an additional 30baht. I feel uncomfortable eating poached eggs without the sauce haha:







Duck Confit Salad (340baht / S$13.20) - crispy duck leg with cranberry sauce, roasted potatoes, salad and sour cream. This dish's a little disappointing as the duck's too dry and stiff for our liking :( The potatoes are really nice though!:















This meal totalled to 1221baht, which was about S$47.70.


Roast Coffee and Eatery
2/F, Seenspace,
Thong Lor Soi 13, Bangkok, Thailand

Mon - Thurs: 10:00am - 11:00pm
Fri & Sat: 9:00am - 12:30am
Sun: 9:00am - 11:00pm
Tel: +66 02 185 2866


Went for a manicure and pedicure session next! Mani for me, pedi for Windy haha:







Headed back to our hotel to catch a nap before Tuktuk-ing to Khaosan Night Market. It was definitely cheaper to travel by cab (200baht V.S. 400baht), but I wanted to let W experience a Tuktuk so we took that instead.
Anyway the uncle took us to a different stretch of market that I used to always go, this one had more atas pubs and restaurants which felt a little weird lol:









Fried insects! We had some crickets for 30baht I think:







Ordered a Banana Nutella Prata (50baht) because I couldn't find my favourite crepe stall anywhere, but this was as good!:





Came across this and I insisted on ordering the Noodle with Pork Soup (50baht) because it sounded so good, but guess what? The noodles came straight out of an Instant Noodle packaging and the uncle just dumped all the seasonings inside the soup it tasted so salty and horrible. It didn't even go well with the pork. We took 2-3 mouths of it and threw everything away:





Pad Thai with Egg (30baht):





We cabbed backed to our hotel to save money hahaha.
Day 3 & 4 will be up soon! :)

2 comments :

  1. HAHAHA the top down photo looks like you are as tall as Windy, you secretly like it right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA I didn't even realise that lor!!!! I just found that picture nice hahahhaa tsk.

      Delete