Instagram @ lovethekisses

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Thank you :)



Yesterday night at around 8pm, my grandmother was finally found after 50 hours.

I would like to extend a huge THANK YOU to every single soul who have helped in the search of my grandmother, be it by sharing my FB post, reposting my IG stories and IG photo, word-of-mouth, keeping her and my family in prayers, keeping a lookout or even actively and physically searching for her even though she is in no way related to you. I am honestly very touched by the actions :')

We were only told of her absence ~16 hours after she left her house to get dinner. By then, it was almost impossible to know where had headed to. We searched all over Jurong East, Clementi (someone said he spotted someone like her there) and Bukit Batok but to no avail.
She was eventually found at Bangkit's 7-11, where she walked all the way to, from Jurong East. She did not bring her EZ-link card out so you can imagine how much she has walked.

I wasn't expecting responses from so many strangers who had so much heart to help.
So glad to know that humanity still exists in the world.

Over the course of 2 days, my grandmother lost her bag/purse (with her money and keys) as well as her sandals, suffered some bruises on her arms/back but because of her dementia, she does not recall a single thing (she insisted she has gone home every night) so we have no idea what happened along the way and we will probably never know.
Other than that, she is well and behaving as usual and we are very very thankful :)

No comments :

Post a Comment